10 Things your pastor won’t tell you: Vanderbloemen: Tim Stevens
1. Sunday is not the only day I work
2. I’m on call 24/7
3. Marrying and burying people takes an emotional toll on me
4. Being a pastor can be a lonely position
5. I am often judged and criticized
6. It’s hard to hear constant criticism and varying opinions
7. I struggle with being a workaholic
8. Sometimes I want to talk about something besides church
9. It is challenging for me to keep my identity solely rooted in God and not in the success of the church
10. I don’t have all the answers
Let’s take a closer look at 3 key shepherding functions that are needed today
Main passage: John 21:15-19
Poimaino: tend as a shepherd, feed, rule. (Show definition after I read the main passage)
John 21:15, John 17:6-8
John 21:16, Matt 5:9, John 17:20-21,
John 21:17, John 17:9-10
Here are the questions for the end you can put the characteristics first and than the questions
People oriented, Relational, Peacemaker, Unifier, Soul-healer, Caregiver, Nurturing, Protector, Reconciler, Tenderhearted, Helper
- Choose 2-3 of the characteristics above that best define you and why.
- Can you think situation where you were able to bring peace in a difficult situation, what did that look like?
- Why are Shepherding gifts needed in the body of Christ?
- Can you think/describe a time when someone demonstrated shepherding gifts in a way that impacted you positively?
- Can you think of some ways we can improve caring for each other at GLCC?