The Prophetic is the most controversial of the 5 Fold ministry but today we will look at 5 important components of why we need the prophetic voices in the church today!
Opening verses: Eph 2:19-20, Eph 4:11-12
Main text: Acts 11:22-30
I. Exhortation Acts 11:23a, 1 Cor 14:3
II.Calls others to Covanent relationship with God Acts 11:23b, Matt 3:2, Matt 4:17
III. Called to community Acts 11:27, 1 Sam 19:20, 2 Kings 2:3
IV. Foretell things that will happen Acts 11:28, Acts 21:10-12
V. Connects to justice issues Acts 11:29-30, Isa 58:6, Matt 21:12-13
Prophetic characteristics: Exhorter, perceptive, principled, corrector, advocate, justice-minded, questioning, truth-teller, passionate, challenging, loyalist, cause-driven, reformer
- Choose 2 to 3 of the prophetic characteristics that you feel most to define you and why.
- What are the biggest challenges you face in demonstrating these characteristics?
- What is one way you can improve on developing and maintaining relationships with others?
- How can we explore the prophetic more at GLCC?
- What do you feel God has been speaking to you lately that you can’t shake?