You have some questions, here are some answers
Our service starts at 10:30 AM on Sunday every Sunday morning.
We try and create a welcoming atmosphere during our Sunday Celebration. Before service we have a greeting time where we gather and greet one another, have some coffee and catch up on the week. The service begins with a time of praise and worship, when our worship team leads us in song. We have an offering to help further the work of the church, and then there is a scripture-based sermon. Our sermons generally follow monthly themes. We take communion on the first Sunday of every month.
Parents of children six months to nine years old have the option of having their children join our KidzPort ministry during the sermon. During this time they will receive a short bible-based lesson based on age, They will also receive a small snack and have some play time.
Not at all! While you may see some who prefer to wear their "Sunday best", you will also see others in casual clothes or jeans. What is important is being there, ready to worship God.
This simply means that GLCC is not affiliated with any denomination that restricts or specifies how we worship. We are a member of Harvest Fellowship of Churches, which is a group of independent churches that provide mutual support, fellowship, training and encouragement.
Gospel Light is one of the most diverse congregations you will find in Connecticut. Our attendees span ages from newborns to people in their 80s. We are a multi-ethnic church, drawing people from multiple walks of life, economic levels, cultures and family makeups. Everyone is welcome!
If you are a first time visitor, we invite you to park in the small lot right in front of the building, or the parking lot to the right of the building. We also have a large parking lot behind the church building, which can be accessed from our driveway at 41 Federal Street. There is also ample on-street parking on Charles Street.
Jesus never discouraged those who had questions or doubts. He simply revealed himself to them in love with patience. You are not alone. Join us, as we all desire to seek the truth about God and his word together.
- We generally run 12 week bible/book studies three times a year. Some of these are done in small groups, some are done as one large group, depending on the topic.
- We have prayer gatherings on Monday evenings and Monday & Wednesday mornings. (currently done via teleconference). There is a Men's Prayer group that meets on Thursday Evenings.
- Our Higher Ground recovery ministry meets on Tuesday Evenings.
- We have our Fireproof Youth Ministry and KidzPort children's ministry that meet during the week.
- We run a variety of other events throughout the year - picnics, outreaches, movie nights, worship nights, social gatherings, and more.
- Check our Announcements page for detailed information on what is currently happening.