Title: Fear Not
Main passage: Isa 43:1-7
Suffering causes fear. Gods promises can be louder than our fears.
- Fear is optional
- I am redeemed
- I am His
- God is with me
- I won’t drown
- I won’t be consumed
- I have a savior
- I am chosen
- I am precious
- I am honored
- I am loved
- I am not alone
- I am part of a great nation
- I am called by God
- I am created to glorify God
God uses the things we hate to make us great!
Main passage: Psa 71:20-21
Key point: In Christ what goes down will come up
Supplementing verses: James 1:2-4, Psa 118:17, Phil 1:6
Title: “It hurts so Good”
main scripture Isaiah 55:8-9
The first scripture are
1 Peter 1: 6-7
James 1: 2-4
Hebrews 12: 10-11.
What to do in the midst of your suffering.
- Cry out to God.
- Prayers/ share with body of Christ.
2 Corinthians 1:3-5
- Praise and Worship
Title: Gory before Glory
Passage: John 12:20-26, 31-33
Main point: Victory is sweeter when you’ve taken some L’s
Title: Top Ten
Taking a look at 10 reasons to disciple, other than the Great Commission.
- Paul taught it: 2 Tim 2:2
- Glorifies God: John 15:8
- We are visual learners: 1 Cor 11:1, Phil 3:17
- Keeps eternity in mind: Phil 3:18-21
- Accelerates maturity: 1 Cor 14:20
- Promotes sound doctrine: Acts 18:24-28
- Increases wisdom: Prov 12:15
- Provides accountability: Heb 3:12-13
- Grounds us in the word: 2 Tim 3:16
- Reaches the next generation: Psa 71:18,78:3-4
Title: The Recipe
Jesus made it clear that he wants us to make disciples and he gives us the recipe in the gospels.
1. Observation: john 1:35-39, john 1:43-46
2. Decision: Matt 4:18-22, Luke 14:25-27,33
3. Internship: Mark 3:14-15, Luke 10:20
4. Partnership: John 15:7-8,15-16, Matt 28:18-20
Discipleship: Who Does It?
Matt. 28:19-20 Colossians 1:28-29 2Timothy2:2
I. Jesus and His Disciples
Mark 1:16-20 John 1:35-40 Mark 9:35 Matthew 18:1-4
John 18:1 Matthew 10:1, 5-8 Gal. 2:20
John 8:31-32 John 14:15
II. People in All Walks of Life
Barnabus & Saul Acts 11:25-26
Paul & Timothy 2 Timothy 2:2 1 Timothy 4:12
Priscilla/Aquila & Apollos Acts 18:24-26
Parents & Children Prov. 29:17, Prov. 22:6, Deut. 6:5-8
Disciple to Believer Eph. 4:15-16, Heb. 3:13, Heb.10:24-25
III. A More Current Example
Title: “ All In “
Disciple in the Greek= Mathaytes: means a learner, pupil, disciple- one who follows ones teaching
Opening verses: Matt 28:19-20, Luke 6:40
We will be looking at some defining marks of a disciple of Jesus Christ.
1. Character: John 13:33-34, 1 Cor 15:33
2. Conviction: John 14:15-16, Matt 7:13-14
3. Commitment: Luke 14:25-27,33, Gal 6:9
4. Contributes: John 15:8, Luke 10:2
Closing: (If you can show these one at a time. show the believer line first than add the disciple line 2nd and so on. also you don’t have to include the numbers I only put them so that we do miss any)
1. Believer: believes in God
Disciple: lives for God
2. Believer: fits in the world
Disciple: stands out
3. Believer: gives up when things get hard
Disciple: carries their cross daily
4. Believer: picks and chooses what part of Jesus teachings to follow
Disciple: works on all areas with the help of the Holy Spirit
5. Believer: casual faith
Disciple: committed faith
6. Believer: wants an easy life
Disciple: lays down their life
7. Believer: loves to receive
Disciple: loves to serve
8. Believer: comfortable
Disciple: ready for a challenge
9. Believer: believes faith is personal
Disciple: makes more disciples
10. Believer: knows what God wants them to do but holds back
Disciple: IS ALL IN!
Title: How Much Is Enough
Opening clip: https://youtu.be/7tOkpntQtBM (play to 1:10)
Opening verse: Prov 27:20
Paul lays out 3 key strategies needed to getting to a place of contentment.
Main passage: Phil 4:11-13
- Choose between wants and needs
Phil 4:11, Phil 4:19
- Ride the financial roller coaster
Phil 4:12, Psa 37:25
- Jesus is enough
Phil 4:13, Gen 15:1, Psa 37:4, Isa 55:2
My Spending Habits
I- Where does my money come from?
- John 6: 11
- Genesis 22:14
- James 1:17.
II- Do I have enough money?
- John 6:10
- Philippians 4:19
- 1 Timothy 6:6-8
III- How much money do I need?
- John 6:12
- Luke 14:28
- Psalms 20:4